Del Norte County August 22, 1993
It was bound to happen sooner or later, especially in those days of road maps and no GPS, a marker simply could not be found.
This brings to an end a trip to the seven state landmarks in Del Norte County, and it’s back up to
Plaque inscription: NO. 545 CAMP LINCOLN - A United States military post was established here September 12, 1862 by the men of Company G, 2nd Regiment, Infantry, California Volunteers, to keep peace between the Indians and the miners and settlers of northwestern California. It was abandoned in May 1870. Commanding officer's quarters and one barracks remain at the date of dedication of this site (1962).
Location: Take Hwy 199 E to
Better directions: From
Google maps: 41.820231,-124.13626