The landmark for what was formerly called Morningside Cemetery is easily found on corner of a lightly maintained ‘natural state’ plot of about 4 acres where about 750 people were put to rest till 1939 when it came to rest as well. Mortician Will Noble had bought it from a group called the San Fernando Cemetery Association when they dissolved, and when Will went in ’39, so did the cemetery.
In 1959, the San Fernando Mission chapter of the Native Daughters of the Golden West took it over and named it
Over the years, vandals have had thier way with headstones and the Sylmar quake delivered some damage, but overall, it could be a lot worse. Still, watered grass would be nice.
Plaque inscription: NO. 753
Location: SW corner of Bledsoe and Foothill, Sylmar
Google maps: 34.320995,-118.448142